Pages

Friday 8 March 2019

Textile2019

In textiles I made a bag to hold my other textiles stuff. It looks like this.


I lined it and put a zip along the top.
I liked the colours I chose for the bag, and using the sewing machine.

I didn't like that sometimes the sewing machine didn't work.

I learnt how to use a zipper foot.

I think I could work on picking up the pace.


Below are a few of the terms that appear on a commercial pattern. You are to find the meaning of each one. 

nap - On fabrics with a pile, like velvet, velour and corduroy, the hairs are not quite 
vertical this is a nap

contrast  - Contrast fabric is used in certain pattern pieces such as facings and linings to produce design details.

Grain - all pieces are at an exact right angle to each other and they need to go 
up and down


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.